With the outbreak of the pandemic in 2020, there has been a gradual and still enduring increase in online commerce in our country. Many companies, therefore, have decided to implement the creation of an e-commerce site, in order to increase sales and profits through this mode of sales.
However, the creation of such a platform is a rather complex process that can create difficulties for beginners in this subject.
In this article, therefore, we will explain how to create an e-commerce site and why it pays off for businesses.
E-commerce site: what is it?
L’e-commerce consists simply in the online sale of services and goods On an electronic medium, such as can be, precisely, the Internet. In this sense, e-commerce sites are online portals that facilitate online transactions of goods and services through the transfer of information and funds over the Internet.
Today, having an online sales channel is crucial as more and more users are using e-commerce to make purchases, both from computer and mobile. However, it is created primarily on the basis of the goals that you want to achieve: in this way you can create a wireframe that is tailored and suitable for a specific target audience. In short, creating a professional e-commerce site is only the final step in a marketing strategy: first of all, we need to analyze the market in which we want to position ourselves, assess what our competitors are, and what values we want our brand to convey.
Why open an e-commerce for your business
Opening an e-commerce site for your business today is essential: in fact, as the latest report from theMilan Polytechnic’s Netcomm B2C e-Commerce Observatory, e-commerce is a steadily growing trend in our country. It also has numerous advantages, the main ones of which we will summarize below:
- Cost reduction: an online store leads to reducing both the fixed and variable costs involved in a physical reality;
- Data collection: through an e-commerce you can collect a lot of data about your users and analyze their behavior on the site when making a purchase;
- Elimination of middlemen: an e-commerce allows you to avoid relying on middlemen, reducing distribution costs and giving the company the opportunity to offer products at a lower price while keeping revenues unchanged;
- Increased brand reputation: increased credibility and visibility of one’s company on the web are among the consequences produced by an e-commerce that offers a good user experience;
- Target audience analysis: today there are many analytical tools that enable you to reach your target audience, creating effective promotional messages.
How to create an e-commerce site
Before moving on to the practical steps to open an e-commerce, it is important to dwell on the legal aspects of launching an online business: in fact, such a site is equivalent to opening a full-fledged business, therefore, there is a need to open a VAT number, choose the legal form of the company and register with the local Chamber of Commerce.
There are two possibilities for creating an e-commerce site:
- Choose a platform that allows you to create and manage your e-commerce in a simplified way: some of them are recommended for a very large business, while others are perfect for small businesses. Those who have a medium/large business with a large number of products but not too many, might opt for Prestashop.
- Opt to install a CMS onyoursite. In this case, it is recommended to use WooCommerc e, a very intuitive WordPress plugin suitable for all types of businesses, which turns a simple site into an e-commerce with numerous features.
Which of the two options is better? There is no universal answer; it all depends on your budget and your company’s needs.
Rely on professionals for your e-commerce
In conclusion, it is essential for any business that wants to start selling its products online to open an e-commerce section on its website. As we have seen, this is a rather articulated and complex project, which must be well reasoned by evaluating several aspects.
For this reason, it is recommended to rely on a qualified agency such as Spada Media Group, which can create e-commerce websites by adapting portal features to your needs and, if required, providing integrations with major external software and management systems. In fact, such a web agency is able to provide clients with a team of professionals who will go about structuring an e-commerce in line with your company’s values, from visual appearance to textual content.
If you need more information or would like to receive a free consultation from our specialists, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page.